- Thank the person who nominated you/who’s blog you find this on, give them some fun book-character name (like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, etc)
- If you have a blog, list down the rules in a post, if not, contact/email the creator (contact page)
- Add the logo of this competition below the rules
- Link back to the original post and the post of the one who nominated you
- Answer the following questions!-
- Do you like to read? Which book made you like reading?
- Which book are you currently reading?
- Which book would you recommend non book-lovers to read?
- Which book character describes you the best?
- Which kind of book do you hate a lot and why(please don’t spread hate!)
- Write a story with just 5 lines
- make sure your story is suitable for all ages or your entry will be disqualified
- After the story, share a cool fact you read! Mention the source too! (OPTIONAL)
- This competition ends on 20th December 2021, winners will be announced on 1st January 2022.
- Nominate some regular commenters of your blog to show them how much it means! Also nominate your friends! The questions are fixed, so you don’t need to make new ones!
1.Do you like to read? Which book made you like reading?
Khushi: Obviously I like to read, as for which book made me like reading umm ” when they were children” which is like a book with small biographies of famous social celebrities. That intrigued me into reading and exploring other genres as well.
Kunjal: I like to read too!! Chicken soup for the soul series, was i guess probably one of the first series i had ever read. And it made me want to read more. ( Harry Potter was a bit later)
2.Which book are you currently reading?
Khushi:Currently I am reading ” The Stranger ” by Albert Camus
Kunjal:I am currently reading sadie and well.
Andd How to control your emotions 😂
3.Which book would you recommend non book-lovers to read?
Khushi: Depends on the genre but for teens maybe ” Maze runner” and as for those who like some deep stuff I’d recommend ” The Book Thief “
Kunjal: I would recommend everyone to read the books by Vera Nazarian, that is the Atlantis Grail series. Again, it was one of the first series I had fallen in love with. I would also recommend everyone to read Midnight library by Matt hiag.
4.Which book character describes you the best?
Khushi: Honestly I haven’t really found a character that describes me, cause I guess I am an atypical person. And people in books are usually different from reality (especially Indian reality) which is the whole point of fiction, so yeah I guess the character that best describes me will be seen only in a book written by me.
Kunjal:. Clara Andrews from the Clara Andrews series describes me the best. She is like me, totally disorganized wanting to leave an impression or two on everyone she meets.
5.Which kind of book do you hate a lot and why(please don’t spread hate!)
Khushi: nah , cant hate books. As a writer myself I know how much feelings are attached to the words a person writes and the hard work that’s put in .
Kunjal: Ok I also agree that there are tons of efforts put in a book. But doesn’t mean books are exempted from literary view. So, I didn’t basically like the Midnight children, because it couldn’t carry me into the story.
Write a story with just 5 lines (5 because their are 5 letters in “story”, hehe) (you will be given points based on the story you write!)
The cold winter winds were blowing and Jared was sitting in his blanket, enjoying his coffee in a hotel . There was a knock on the door; ” room service ” it said, and Jared, not wanting to get out of his blanket, responded with a ” Come in”. A woman entered the room with a trolley in front of her. ” Sir, what would you like to have ? ” , Jared looked at the tray and what he saw was not food but rather sliced animals, skeletons, gooey eyeballs and cut out ox tongues…… He looked at the lady again and her eyes began to bleed, her hands turned into clawed ones and in a husky voice she said ” welcome to the city of bones ”
( A reference to the first book of Mortal Instruments series)
She screamed or giggled or she did the same thing “ He ‘s here!”. Both the friends drew apart and the other girl ran fast into the house before she got too late. She arranged the necklace on her neck, and the bindi on her forehead. She looked at herself, the hastily put lipstick, and thought she was not at all ready. He had reached the door, and she emerged from the stairs, slightly slipping off the absurd long attire and she reached his feet and touched them with her fingers and said in a soft voice that betrayed her earlier hesitance ‘ I will just wash your feet if you come inside husband~’
Anyone who loves a challenge can do it!. a five liner is a tough one!
So, we both really enjoyed this one!! it was definately hefty crafting stories. tell us which one is your favourite in the comments below!